Vallejo Sanitation Takes a Transformative Approach to Security
The digital era is here—and with it, a brand-new set of expectations, requirements, and challenges. As IT teams navigate the changes, it’s important to stay ahead of critical issues around security. But it’s not easy to keep complex applications, data, and environments secure with the inflexible, hardware-centric tools and solutions of yesterday.
That’s why many enterprises are looking for total security transformation that meets the needs of today, and is flexible enough to handle the challenges of tomorrow with ease. Let’s take a look at how one organization is tackling its security issues with powerful, future-proof solutions.
Vallejo Sanitation and Flood Control District (VSFCD) provides wastewater management services for the city of Vallejo, California. Within its 36-square-mile service area, VSFCD provides 24/7 critical water and sewer IT infrastructure. Loss of customer data or outages due to security breaches spell disaster. VSFCD needed a reliable, powerful solution for keeping data safe without compromising on agility or cost.
That’s where VMware came in.
A California Community Becomes More Secure
VSFCD faced daily security challenges, including:
- Difficulty maintaining security in a large and growing community
- Traditional security solutions that provided insufficient protection for its main data center
- Field workers who needed a secure way to access mobile devices without limiting agility
Using a variety of virtualization solutions, VSFCD was able to tackle all of its challenges—while staying within budget. It achieved:
- A united solution that provides more visibility
- Micro-segmentation that keeps individual workloads secure, no matter where they are in the data center
- Secure anytime, anywhere access to virtual desktops for workers in the field
Security isn’t always easy, but with the right tools, you can provide the best possible protection for your users, applications, and data. If you’d like to read the whole story, the eBook Transforming Security: One Company Takes the Plunge explores even more details.