VMware NSX decouples security functions from the underlying physical infrastructure and embeds them directly into the hypervisor, distributing them across the data center. This fundamental shift in how security is delivered overcomes the shortcomings of legacy architectures and allows intelligent security policies to travel with virtual workloads, independent of the physical network topology.
VMware on SDxCentral
Network Virtualization Blogs
- VMware vForum Live is Coming to Toronto on 11/9 & Houston on 11/17!
- Industry First Micro-segmentation Cybersecurity Benchmark Released
- Multi-site with Cross-VC NSX and Palo Alto Networks Security
- SDN Matures – via the Federal Government…
- How Jefferson County’s IT Department Improved Their Security Posture with VMware NSX
NSX Security Use Case
NSX Automation Use Case
The provisioning and configuration management of IT applications and services is a manual, slow, error-prone, and inconsistent exercise that results in critical security and operational bottlenecks for the business. NSX is the network virtualization platform that enables the automation of networking and security services, providing speed and security through standardization & consistency to IT organizations.
NSX Application Continuity Use Case
Connecting multiple data centers together has been a challenging and expensive proposition. As a result, application availability and agility has suffered. NSX solves this problem by abstracting network functions from the underlying physical hardware and running them in software.