Micro-segmentation Starter Kit
Traditional security solutions are designed to protect the perimeter. As applications and data are becoming increasingly distributed, they are often spanning not only multiple sites, but also multiple clouds. This is making it harder to identify where the perimeter actually is in order to secure it. But even if the perimeter can be reliably identified, securing it alone is not enough. The east-west traffic inside of the environment must be secured as well. VMware NSX makes security an intrinsic part of the infrastructure that applications and data live on, rather than a bolted-on afterthought; security is built in Day 0.
VMware created a Micro-segmentation Starter Kit to help you get started with securing your network from Planning to Enforcement to Troubleshooting. Each kit includes 6 CPUs of both NSX ADV and vRealize Network Insight ADV at 25% off the global list price.
- Plan: Take the manual and subjective process out of determining what security policies to put in place and where. vRealize Network Insight provides a comprehensive net flow assessment and analysis to model and recommend security groups and firewall rules across your physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Enforce: Micro-segmentation, the implementation of security policy down to the individual workload level, is necessary to truly secure your environment and prevent that lateral spread of threats that make it past perimeter firewalls. However, micro-segmentation is operationally and financially infeasible when using traditional physical and virtual firewalls. NSX virtualizes and abstracts networking and security into software and enables the centrally managed logical segmentation of the network down to the individual workload regardless of the underlying physical or virtual network topology.
- Troubleshoot: It takes on average over 190 days to identify a data breach and another 65 days to contain it! One of the main reasons is because there is no easy way to see across different technology silos in your environment, whether that is physical or virtual, on-premises or in the cloud. vRealize Network Insight provides virtual and physical network topology mapping, allowing for 360-degree visibility. This, along with its intuitive UI and natural language search, allows you to quickly pinpoint issues. It also has best practice compliance checking to help minimize manual configuration errors.
To get started, please contact your VMware authorized reselling partner or VMware account representative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the offer?
A. There is a 25% built-in discount on the NSX ADV and vRealize Network Insight ADV for 6 CPUs each. SnS is required with the purchase. There is no discount for SnS.
Q. If I buy through a channel partner, will my order(s) be eligible?
A. Yes, you can purchase through a channel partner. A customer can buy multiple kits, but only 1 kit can be used for each location.
Q. Is the Micro-segmentation Starter Kit eligible for VMware purchasing programs?
A. The Micro-segmentation Starter kit is available for non-ELA transactions and non-SPF deals. It is not eligible for VMware Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP), VPP and TPP. This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts for the same product.
Q. What are the Micro-segmentation Starter Kit SKUs?
- NX-AK-CPU-C – NSX Acceleration Kit – 6 processors (SNS is required and sold separately)
- NX-AK-CPU-G-SSS-C – Basic Support/Subscription for NSX Acceleration Kit for 6 processors – 1 year (Technical Support, 12 Hours/Day, per published Business Hours, Monday through Friday)
- NX-AK-CPU-P-SSS-C – Production Support/Subscription for NSX Acceleration Kit for 6 processors – 1 year (Technical Support, 24 Hours/7 days a week)
- NX-AK-CPU-3G-SSS-C – Basic Support/Subscription for NSX Acceleration Kit for 6 processors – 3 years (Technical Support, 12 Hours/Day, per published Business Hours, Monday through Friday)
- NX-AK-CPU-3P-SSS-C – Production Support/Subscription for NSX Acceleration Kit for 6 processors – 3 years (Technical Support, 24 Hours/7 days a week)
- NX-AK-CPU-5P-SSS-C – Production Support/Subscription for NSX Acceleration Kit for 6 processors – 5 years (Technical Support, 24 Hours/7 days a week – for OEMs Only)