Please scroll through the options below that are relevant to the issues you are experiencing with the webinar.
- Joining the Webinar
- Join by Link
- Manually Join the Webinar
- Waiting for the Host to Start this Webinar
- Controls within the Webinar
- Audio Settings
- Question & Answer
- Leave Meeting
To join the webinar, click the link that SDxCentral provided you or that you received in your email when you registered.
If clicking the link does not open the webinar, you can also manually download the Zoom application from their Download Center. The first option, Zoom Client for Meetings, is the same application needed for webinars.
- Download Zoom Client for Meetings from the Download Center.
- Install the application.
- Open the Zoom application.
- Click Join a Meeting.
- Locate the 9-digit meeting ID/webinar ID from your registration email. It may appear at the end of the phone dial-in information, or it will be in the join link, just after https://zoom.us/w/
- Enter the 9-digit meeting ID/webinar ID into the Meeting ID/Personal Link Name field.
- Click Join.
- Enter your name and email address if requested. Click Join Webinar.
- This should take you into the webinar if the webinar is in session.
If you receive a message that you are waiting for SDxCentral to start the webinar, it means that we have not started broadcasting the webinar yet. We either have not started it or are in the practice session, preparing to take the webinar live. You have connected to Zoom and the webinar will start as soon as SDxCentral starts broadcasting.
You may also receive a message noting the date and time of the webinar. If you receive this message, please check the date and start time of the webinar, including the timezone. You will see this message if the webinar is scheduled for another day.
- To adjust your audio settings in the webinar, click on Audio Options.
- This will open up the audio settings section of your Zoom application settings.
- You can click on the drop downs to change the audio devices or adjust the sliders to change the volume.
- You can also click on the ^ next to Audio Settings to change your speaker.
The Q&A window allows you to ask questions to the host and panelists. They can either reply back to you via text in the Q&A window or answer your question live.
- Click Q&A to open the Q&A window. You can move this window around your screen.
- Type your question into the Q&A box.
- Click Send.
- If the host replies via the Q&A, you will see a reply in the Q&A window.
- The host can also answer your question live (out loud). You will see a notification in the Q&A window if the host plans to do this.
Note: check Send Anonymously if you do not want your name attached to your question in the Q&A.
The in-meeting chat allows you to send chat messages to and send a message to the host, panelists, and attendees (if permitted).
- Click Chat to open the in-meeting chat.
- To change who you are chatting with, click the drop down beside To:.
- Type your message and press Enter.
Click Leave meeting to leave the webinar at any time. If you leave, you can rejoin if the webinar is still in progress, as long as the host has not locked the webinar.
If you are still experiencing issues after reading through this support page, or if your issue is not included in any of the above sections, please email email@example.com for assistance.