The SDxCentral Analytics Dashboard provides full visibility over your brand on our website, and allows you to see what campaigns are succeeding, and when. The dashboard is also a resource for downloading the leads your campaign captures directly. Below are some details and examples of the dashboard’s features included with each campaign type.
Here are a few features that are congruent throughout the dashboard, whether you’re checking out Editorial and Directory pageviews, or the specific content you have in a campaign:
- Ability to click on article titles that direct you to the specific SDx content on the site – just hover over the title of the content, and click to go to the source.
- This Period/Last Period/Growth feature for quick comparison – based off of the timeframe you have chosen to view, you are able to see the percentage of growth accomplished in a certain amount of time.
The lefthand sidebar on the page allows you to dictate the timeframe and view of the analytics dashboard.
- Full Report: a robust view of the the summary graphs, non-paid content, and campaigns
- Views: summary graphs highlighting traffic trends by date
- Editorial Mentions/Directory Views: in-depth view of editorial mentions and directory views with clickable links to the content, as well as page views and traffic growth over time
- Campaigns: in-depth view of your campaigns with SDxCentral with clickable links to content, as well as demographic information and downloadable leads (if applicable)
The top of the dashboard includes 2 interactive graphs that summarize the overall views on Editorial and Directory pages (top graph), and on your sponsored campaign events (bottom graph).
- You’re able to customize the date range that populates the graph by choosing between 30 ,60, 90 days, etc., or choose specific dates you’d like data between
- You’re able to see the peaks and valleys of performance by date, and when you hover over the graph, a window showing a detailed datapoint shows the exact numbers of views on a certain date
Editorial Mentions/Directory Views
Editorial pageviews is for content specifically written by the SDxCentral editorial team. Directory pageviews show you traffic trends on your company, product, project and/or service listings found in the SDxCentral Directory. If you aren’t currently an admin to your directory, and would like to be, please click here for more information about how to gain access.
When you select the campaign view, a list of all current and past campaigns you’ve launched with SDxCentral will appear below the Editorial and Directory analytics. While the campaigns are organized chronologically, with the most recent at the top, if you have a Channel or Topic campaign with us, it will always be pinned to the top for easy viewing. Here are a few analytics features that are available throughout the campaign view:
Click on a numbered orange box to view detailed performance on the specific content provided in your campaign. Upon clicking, the dashboard will expand for a more complete report.
- Top Domains/Regions/Countries tool provides depth to your analytics report by giving a list of the top 5 of each category who visited your content on the site by percentage.
- Time-Lapse/Arrow Icons:
- The clock icon denotes that this information stands independently from the customized dates you selected. No matter the timeframe that the rest of the boxes follow (30days, 1year, etc.), this box will always show the total number of downloads/registrants/attendees in your campaign.
- For those campaigns that include lead capture—the down-arrow icon denotes that by clicking that arrow, a .CSV file with lead details will be downloaded directly to your computer
- This Period/Last Period/Growth – “This Period” refers to the current timeframe setting you’ve selected (for example, 30day), “Last period” refers to the previous selected timeframe (previous 30 days), and “Growth” refers to the percentage of growth between the current period and the previous one.
- Growth is shown as either negative or positive. If the entire duration of the campaign is captured in “This Period”, or your current timeframe selection, growth will appear as N/A (see below).
DemoFriday and Webinar campaign analytics track the number of pageviews to your promotional content as well as how many people view the post-event pages, such as the Q&A and the archive asset landing page. The dashboard also contains total event recording and slide presentation download counts and an on-demand export of the full registration list.
Note: Opt-in leads captured from your DemoFriday/Webinar’s archived asset page do not appear in the dashboard. They are provided to you via a CSV file every week for an allotted period of time (outlined in your contract). Additionally, Vimeo links provided in the “Video Plays” box may be blocked due to privacy restrictions.
Channels & Topic Sponsorships
Channels and Topic Sponsorships have similar presentations on the dashboard:
- Channel/Topic Pageviews, including the views per period and growth
- Referrals/Downloads, including the referrals/downloads per period and growth
- Video Plays (only if applicable)
Note: For Channels, all of the content on the page is tracked, including the sidebar. For Topics, only the client-specific content that is provided on the page is tracked. On the dashboard, you are able to click the links to see performance-per-asset on the page for both Channels and Topics.
The dashboard offers analytics for clients who purchased offerings that include Premium Ad Units (PAU) and Targeted Resource Listings (TRL). All other ad reporting for offerings like Website Banner Ads, Newsletter Ads, or Targeted Keyword Ads are sent directly to the client, and do not appear in the dashboard. For PAUs and TRLs however, the following information is available on the dashboard:
- The “Ad Report” box reveals the total number of impressions gathered in the timeframe you have chosen at the top, and the percentage of growth in that time period.
- Clicking on the “Ad Report” box displays detailed analytics for each advertisement. This allows for a quick side-by-side comparison to review per ad performance.
The “Ad Report” box shows the following analytics:
- Advertisement text
- Impressions gathered from each ad
- Clicks per ad
- Click Through Rate per ad
If you sponsor an SDxCentral Industry Report or eBook, the dashboard displays the total number of report downloads (regardless of the timeframe chosen at the top) in the list of campaigns.
Sponsored content campaigns include the following: videos, white papers, interviews, and content syndication. For each of the listed campaigns, our dashboard shows the following analytics:
- Pageviews and growth, depending on the timeframe
- Referrals/Downloads/Views (if applicable)
Similar to the other campaigns, you can customize the timeframe and view the growth during that period.
Additional Notes and Resources
Below are a few additional notes and links to resources that might be applicable to your dashboard:
- There is a 24 hour delay between when the analytics are collected and when they appear on the dashboard—so to get the most accurate analytics, wait a day to check your dashboard after running a campaign.
- If you click “campaigns” at the very top of the dashboard and don’t see a list of your campaigns immediately pop up, just give it a few moments—the most recent and accurate info takes a few seconds to load! If there is a considerable amount of lag time, please reload the page.
- Occasionally, there are minor discrepancies in total numbers (orange boxes) and performance-per-asset numbers (in the white box below). This happens in some cases with certain blockers, if the page doesn’t fully load, etc. These discrepancies should be very minor, and should not affect your data overall.
If you’d like to request access, report an issue or provide general feedback on the analytics dashboard, please fill out the form here.
*All company names on the images have been removed for their privacy