Virtual CE (Telco) is the ability to replace existing proprietary CPE by moving some or all of legacy CPE functions into virtual machine(s) running within the carrier environment (either CO/POP or regional data centers). Replaces CPE HW with a low-cost access device instead.
What customer segments need Virtual CE (Telco)?
What are customers and network operators interested in Virtual CE (Telco)?
- Develop new sources of revenue
- Increase operating income
What business problems are solved by Virtual CE (Telco)?
- Enable new end-user services w/o truck roll
- Develop competitive offering to Google
- Reduce network operating expenses
What is the business value of Virtual CE (Telco)?
- New sales opportunities via ability to offer competitive offer to OTT providers
- Improved operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Virtual CE (Telco)?
Related Virtual CE (Telco) ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 9: VNF Router Performance with DDoS Functionality
- POC 18: VNF Router Performance with Hierarchical Quality of Service Functionality