Virtual CE (OTT) is the ability for the OTT provider to deploy or move some or all of legacy CPE functions into virtual machine(s) running within their data centers. Augments CPE HW with a low-cost access device that can tunnel through existing CPE back to the cloud.
What customer segments need Virtual CE (OTT)?
What are customers and network operators interested in Virtual CE (OTT)?
- Develop new sources of revenue
What business problems are solved by Virtual CE (OTT)?
- Offer OTT services that bypass Telco’s to business or consumer customers
What is the business value of Virtual CE (OTT)?
- New sales opportunity via new on-demand services
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Virtual CE (OTT)?
Related Virtual CE (OTT) ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 9: VNF Router Performance with DDoS Functionality
- POC 18: VNF Router Performance with Hierarchical Quality of Service Functionality