On-premises vCPE is the ability to replace existing proprietary CPE with a virtualization platform running on COTS that can be configured from a central console and that can dynamically add and run new services (SW updates and downloads).
What customer segments need On-premises vCPE?
What are customers and network operators interested in On-premises vCPE?
- Develop new sources of revenue
- Increase operating income
What business problems are solved by On-premises vCPE?
- Enable new end-user services w/o truck roll
- Develop competitive offering to Google
- Reduce network operating expenses
What is the business value of On-premises vCPE?
- New sales opportunities via ability to offer competitive offer to OTT providers
- Improved operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to On-premises vCPE?
NFV management and orchestration provides ability for the CPE platform to manage and run multiple VNFs. SDN provides for service function chaining of different VNFs – security, acceleration, voice capabilities.
Related On-premises vCPE ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 18: VNF Router Performance with Hierarchical Quality of Service Functionality