OTT vCPE (On-Premises) is the ability to deploy a new CPE with a virtualization platform running on CTOS that can be configured from a central console and that can dynamically add and run new services (SW updates and downloads). The CPE provides a virtualized network that runs on top of existing connections (bypassing incumbent CPE).
What customer segments need On-premises OTT vCPE?
What are customers and network operators interested in On-premises OTT vCPE?
- Develop new sources of revenue
What business problems are solved by On-premises OTT vCPE?
- Offer OTT services that bypass Telco’s to business or consumer customers
What is the business value of On-premises OTT vCPE?
- New sales opportunity via new on-demand services
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to On-premises OTT vCPE?
NFV management and orchestration provides ability for the CPE platform to manage and run multiple VNFs. SDN provides for service function chaining of different VNFs – security, acceleration, voice capabilities.
Related On-premises OTT vCPE ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 18: VNF Router Performance with Hierarchical Quality of Service Functionality