vEPC, vIMS is the ability to run EPC software on COTS instead of proprietary HW. Allows mobile core to be run on small efficient servers in rural areas.
What customer segments need vEPC, vIMS?
What are customers and network operators interested in vEPC, vIMS?
- Creating new based business, product lines, and services with new devices and IoT coming online (Ent)
- Creating new revenue streams driven by mobile and IoT devices (Telco)
- Deliver IMS solutions to reported locations
- Cost optimize current EPC and IMS deployments
What business problems are solved by vEPC, vIMS?
- Secure access network that enable new mobile and IoT products and service to be sold and used
- Leverage current mobile investment for new market opportunity (telco)
- Extend the mobile network
What is the business value of vEPC, vIMS?
- Increased sales opportunities through new mobile and IoT based products and services; and new mobile offerings
- Increased in operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to vEPC, vIMS?
Using NFV and virtualization, manage and orchestrate the execution of mobile core servers on virtual machines. SDN can be used to segregate the network allowing multiple virtual mobile networks to co-exist on a physical network.
Related vEPC, vIMS ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 5: E2E vEPC Orchestration in a multi-vendor open NFVI environment
- POC 11: Multi-Vendor on-boarding of vIMS on a cloud management framework
- POC 25: Demonstration of Virtual EPC (vEPC) Applications and Enhanced Resource Management
- POC 27: VoLTE Service based on vEPC and vIMS Architecture
- POC 34: SDN Enabled Virtual EPC Gateway