Network Virtualization (Mobile) is the ability to virtualize the mobile network (allowing multiple operators to share the same infrastructure for multiple networks) and allowing different operators to control their own slice of the network (from RAN through aggregation through core). Some deployments will not necessarily employ complete end-to-end virtualization but might instead choose to virtualize parts of the network.
What customer segments need Network Virtualization (Mobile)?
What are customers and network operators interested in Network Virtualization (Mobile)?
- Creating new based business, product lines, and services with new devices and IoT coming online (Ent)
- Creating new revenue streams driven by mobile and IoT devices (Telco)
- Leverage shared RAN networks to expand capacity and service
What business problems are solved by Network Virtualization (Mobile)?
- Secure access network that enables new mobile and IoT products and service to be sold and used
- Leverage current mobile investment for new market opportunity (telco)
- Extend RAN coverage and capacity
What is the business value of Network Virtualization (Mobile)
- Increased sales through new IoT based products and services
- Increased in operating income by leveraging shared / internet resouces
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Network Virtualization (Mobile)?
Related Network Virtualization (Mobile) ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 6: Virtualised Mobile Network with Integrated DPI
- POC 7: C-RAN virtualisation with dedicated hardware accelerator
- POC 23: Demonstration E2E orchestration of virtualized LTE core-network functions and SDN-based dynamic service chaining of VNFs using VNF FG
- POC 30: LTE Virtualized Radio Access Network (vRAN)