What customer segments need Network Function as a Service?
What are customers and network operators interested in Network Function as a Service?
- Develop new sources of revenue
What business problems are solved by Network Function as a Service?
- Deliver network functions required for enterprise to move legacy workloads to cloud
- Deliver network functions needed for new enterprise applications to meet compliance requirements
What is the business value of Network Function as a Service?
- New sales opportunities
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Network Function as a Service?
SDN is used to create dynamic paths to insert these virtual services. Virtualization of these L3 or L4-7 services enables them to be deployed on-demand and flexibly in different locations. NFV orchestration and management is used to provision and configure these services in real-time.
Related Network Virtualization ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 2: Service Chaining for NW Function Selection in Carrier Networks
- POC 4: Multi-vendor Distributed NFV
- POC 18: VNF Router Performance with Hierarchical Quality of Service Functionality