DC Micro Segmentation is the ability to use access control capabilities within virtual switches to replace existing firewall functions for segregation and controlled access across different tenants within a data center network.
What customer segments need DC Micro Segmentation?
What are customers and network operators interested in DC Micro Segmentation?
- Data protection & security
- Meet compliance and audit standards
- Increase operating income
What business problems are solved by DC Micro Segmentation?
- Meet compliance & audit mandates
- Cost reduce infrastructure for legacy apps
- Avoid expensive FW upgrade cycle
What is the business value of DC Micro Segmentation?
- Increased operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx
- Improved productivity via automation of tasks for compliance and audit
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to DC Micro Segmentation?
SDN is used to program virtual switches with the appropriate ACLs to control access between different tenants. As applications move around, the virtual switches can be reprogrammed to ensure the correct policies continue to apply.