Campus/Branch Virtual Networks is the ability to use virtual network technology to create a seamless overlay network that spans branch locations and that adheres to unified policies and provides simplified virtual network topologies.
What customer segments need Campus/Branch Virtual Networks?
What are customers and network operators interested in Campus/Branch Virtual Networks?
- Develop new sources of revenue
- Increase operating income
What business problems are solved by Campus/Branch Virtual Networks?
- Make users at campus and branch networks more productive with new applications
- Automation of campus and branch network operations
- Meeting security and compliance mandates
What is the business value of Campus/Branch Virtual Networks
- New sales opportunities via higher productivity
- Increased operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx
- Increased security
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Campus/Branch Virtual Networks?
SDN is used to create virtual networks at branches that can provide simplified connectivity models regardless of existing physical topology, allow for fine-grained ACLs per device and location and chaining of L4-7 functions as needed.