Campus NAC (aka Campus Network Access Control) is the ability to control access as well as service quality to LAN and WLAN for employees, contractors and visitors based on their roles and privileges in an organization.
What customer segments need Campus NAC?
What are customers and network operators interested in Campus NAC?
- Data protection & security
- Users can do their work
- Increase operating income
What business problems are solved by Campus NAC?
- Secure access to legacy IT and new cloud-based applications
- Appropriate network capacity for users to perform their job without over provisioning
- Automation of campus network management
What is the business value of Campus NAC?
- Increased security and compliance
- Increased operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx and increased productivity
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Campus NAC?
SDN provides programmability across all access elements from campus switches to WLAN and allows assignment of the right level of privileges and quality of service for user and application flows. Comprehensive SDN controls across all devices provides ability to create end-to-end segregated networks.