Cross-Domain Interconnect is the ability to provide direct connections across suppliers or partners (AWS, SFDC, dealer network, etc.) which can be dynamically scaled-up, down or terminated.
What customer segments need Cross-Domain Interconnect?
What are customers and network operators interested in Cross-Domain Interconnect?
- Develop new sources of revenue
- Improve operating margins
What business problems are solved by Cross-Domain Interconnect?
- Interconnecting public and private cloud for high-speed data access and/or business continuity
- Connecting multiple private clouds for data access
- Connecting IoT devices to apps and ecosystem partners
What is the business value of Cross-Domain Interconnect?
- Increased operating income via reduced CapEx and / or OpEx
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Cross-Domain Interconnect?
SDN can be used to create interim connections at exchange points between enterprises, or between enterprises and public cloud services to create instant high-speed networks for applications and devices.
Related Cross-Domain Interconnect ETSI NFV POCs:
- POC 9: VNF Router Performance with DDoS Functionality
- POC 18: VNF Router Performance with Hierarchical Quality of Service Functionality