Big Data Optimization is the ability to enable improved resource utilization of HW switches and reduces overall compute time leading to faster results during Big Data analysis.
What customer segments need Big Data Optimization?
What are customers and network operators interested in Big Data Optimization?
- Creation of new ‘big data’ based applications to drive new revenue or reduce operating expense
- Increase the processing of large data sets to accelerate intelligence or revenue
What business problems are solved by Big Data Optimization?
- Deploy new ‘big data’ applications
- Accelerate ‘crunching’ of big data sets
What is the business value of Big Data Optimization?
- Increased sales though new product offerings
- Increase operating income get more out of current network investment
How can SDN & NFV provide a solution to Big Data Optimization?
SDN can be used to program the switches to provide optimal flow paths during each stage of the Big Data analysis – enabling better QoS between the servers than need it, or dedicating more cross-links between servers based on which stage of the analysis is in progress.