Sponsored By: Big Switch Networks
Container Networking: Key Tenets for Successful Production Deployments
Container adoption is sweeping Enterprise IT. With increased application agility, lower deployment costs (say goodbye to the VM-tax!), and rapid provisioning, container technology is moving from corporate Test & Dev environments to Production faster than anyone expected.
Although Containers have generated well-deserved excitement, the Day 2 ongoing operational challenges introduced in containerized environments are much less well understood. Kubernetes, Mesos, and OpenShift provide management orchestration platforms, but allocating network resources and provisioning on a per container basis in a highly ephemeral container environment poses significant challenges.
- Gregg Holzrichter; Chief Marketing Officer, Big Switch Networks
- Bill Erdman; Director, Product Marketing, Big Switch Networks
During the webinar, you’ll learn:
- Container environments require networking automation to keep up with the dynamic lifecycles of ephemeral containers.
- Traditional switch by switch and CLI-based network management is inadequate for scale-out production deployments of containers
- Container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Mesos and Red Hat OpenShift benefit from network automation and per-container resource allocation.
Who should watch this webinar?
Industries: Banking and Financial Services, Computer Software/Technology Manufacturer, Government (Federal), Government (State and Local) and Professional Services
Primary Roles: Network Architect, Network Operator, DevOps, Developer and Executive
Learn from organizations like NIO/ NextEV and BNSF Railroad, and learn how they have adopted container environments in production, the challenges and pitfalls that they overcame, and the best practices they have developed to successfully harness this promising approach to enterprise IT. A new approach to networking is a necessity in container environments – learn how to reach container networking’s full potential.