In this DemoFriday™, Cisco demonstrates the Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) and highlights its newly released Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), a holistic architecture with centralized automation and policy-driven application profiles.
Emerging operational models such as cloud computing, big data, and software-defined networking (SDN) are driving the need for an agile, scalable, and flexible infrastructure. At the same time, IT is expected to drive revenue growth, reduce operational costs, mitigate security risk, and pursue innovation which has driven Policy Driven Cisco ACI .
Policy Driven Cisco ACI Demo Synopsis:
As a holistic architecture with centralized automation and policy-driven application profiles, Cisco ACI provides a common operational model between the application, network, security, and cloud teams to deliver agility, simplified operations, assured performance, and scale.
Cisco Principal Engineer Bradley Wong walks you through a hands-on demo of the APIC, the unifying point of automation and management for the Cisco ACI fabric that was rolled out just this summer. Check out Wong’s presentation as he demonstrates:
- Centralized application-level policy engine for physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures
- Integration with management systems such as VMware, Microsoft, and OpenStack
- Robust implementation of multi-tenant security, quality of service (QoS), and high availability
- Automation of network and Layer 4 – Layer 7 services
- Designed around open standards and open APIs
- Visibility, telemetry, and health scores by application and by tenant
Watch the DemoFriday™ full presentation featuring Cisco ACI, or take a look at these additional resources that can be found above:
Notice: Pursuant to the SDNCentral Terms of Service, by viewing or downloading featured media such as pdfs, podcasts or videos, or signing up for our webinars, you agree to allow SDNCentral to share your contact information with the sponsor.