DemoFriday Video: Dialogic PowerMedia XMS & Oracle MANO Demo: Automation & Vendor Interoperability
Real-time multimedia focused applications that provide collaborative, contextual, and interactive voice video will be a major consumer of resources in evolving virtualized networks. Network functions virtualization (NFV) promises flexibility, elasticity, automation, and a shift away from proprietary hardware with an industry backed framework built on open standards, but interoperability still is a main concern for service providers and other ecosystem participants to speed this technology shift along. In this DemoFriday, Dialogic and Oracle demonstrate the interoperability between a virtual network function (VNF) and a VNF Manager to enable automated lifecycle management of applications in a virtualized environment.
During the Dialogic PowerMedia XMS & Oracle MANO demo:
- You’ll learn the challenges NFV deployments have with rich media processing applications and how they can be addressed
- You’ll discover how Dialogic’s PowerMedia XMS media resource function (MRF) and media resource broker (MRB) applications interoperate with Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator to allow the dynamic deployment of media processing VNFs to give an elastic solution in response to changing traffic demands made by audio conferencing applications
Combining the Dialogic PowerMedia range of products in collaboration with Oracle’s Application Orchestrator provides an extremely powerful solution set. The demonstration will include the following high level steps:
- On-boarding Dialogic’s MRB and XMS MRF using the Oracle Application Orchestrator
- Automated scaling of MRF capacity in response to changing demands in conferencing traffic
The Dialogic PowerMedia XMS & Oracle MANO demo is intended for service provider engineering, planning, operations, and IT experts engaged in helping their companies evolve to NFV and virtualized environments to:
- Learn more about guiding principles on deploying real-time multimedia VNF applications
- Get a better understanding of the interaction involved in establishing automated application lifecycle management
Download the presentation slides and white papers referenced in the Dialogic PowerMedia XMS & Oracle MANO demo below:
- Dialogic Cloud-Ready Solutions – A Smart Approach to NFV
- NFV Network Functions – Key Considerations for Profitability
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator
Disclaimer: Statements and opinions expressed in webinars and other related materials are those of the authors, presenter, and organizations they represent; and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of SDxCentral, LLC or its publishers, editors, employees, members, partners, or sponsors.
SDxCentral, LLC makes no representation concerning and does not guarantee the source, originality, accuracy, completeness or reliability of any statement, information, data, finding, interpretation, advice, opinion, or view presented. SDxCentral will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within this site, or any information accessed through this site.
Notice: Pursuant to the SDxCentral Terms of Service, by viewing or downloading sponsored content such as pdfs, podcasts or videos, or signing up for our webinars, you agree to allow SDxCentral to share your contact information with the sponsor.