Sponsored By: Radisys
AT&T, ON.Lab, & Radisys M-CORD Demo: Innovating Mobile Edge Network
The wireless data traffic explosion on the network has caused service providers to re-evaluate their existing network architecture. Traditional Central Office infrastructure built with closed proprietary boxes has proven to be too rigid, limited by existing hardware investment and available spectrum.
CORD (Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter) is a progressive open source project of the ONOS (Open Network Operating System) partnership. It combines SDN, NFV and innovative cloud technologies to bring the economies of the data center and the agility of the cloud to the Telco Central Office.
Mobile CORD, or M-CORD, brings this framework to the mobile edge. M-CORD integrates the open CORD framework into the CSPs’ mobile network architecture to enable an agile, service-driven environment that can dynamically respond to real-time subscriber demands. M-CORD project contributors include ON.Lab, leading service providers AT&T, SK Telecom, Verizon, along with collaborators such as Radisys, Cavium, NEC/NetCracker, Cobham Wireless, and Airhop.
During the AT&T, ON.Lab, & Radisys M-CORD demo, you’ll get an exclusive early peek into the M-CORD Proof of Concept (PoC), showcasing this exciting new approach and infrastructure for deploying innovative mobile services. Obtain insights into upcoming mobile architectures and uncover early new learning about M-CORD architecture.
The AT&T, ON.Lab, & Radisys M-CORD demo will cover the following capabilities:
- Processing of wireless data traffic locally at the edge of the network to reduce latency and to improve network resource utilization
- Performing dynamic radio resource optimization and rapid service creation and instantiation of new cells (RAN),EPC, and edge services
- Network slicing of mobile network to enable MVNO and secure and effective IoT transport
- Creating enterprise portals for service customization for improved business agility and increased end-customer satisfaction
- Visualizing real-time analytics and applying them to improve troubleshooting, capacity planning
About the Presenters
Principal Member of Technical Staff, AT&T
Tom Tofigh is currently a Principal Member of Technical Staff in the AT&T’s Domain 2.0 architecture and planning Labs at AT&T. He has been working with ON.lab on AT&T specific use cases for CORD projects. He holds over 30 patents awarded and many more pending.
Member of Technical Staff, ON.Lab
Director of SDN/NFV/Cloud Strategy, Radisys Corporation
Joseph Sulistyo heads software product management and strategy for SDN/NFV/Cloud solutions for Radisys. He is leading Radisys in open source strategy and open system integration, recently through collaboration with ON.Lab project and CORD to accelerate the adoption of SDN/NFV in service provider infrastructure.