Nokia’s CloudBand Product Marketing Manager Andreas Lemke and Senior Programmer Dan Offek join together to discuss CloudBand’s newest endeavor. This event will cover OpenStack project Vitrage, a finely tuned source code intended to improve network functions virtualization (NFV).
Nokia Vitrage & CloudBand Demo – Tools to Operate the NFV Telco Cloud with CloudBand & OpenStack Vitrage for Root Cause Analysis
A major challenge in the adoption of network function virtualization (NFV) within the telco cloud is ensuring that the same or better service levels can be maintained with reduced operational overhead. As operators move to the deployment of OpenStack for cloud orchestration they must ensure that there is open source code, which supports the key operational tools expected in todays physical networks.
Nokia’s CloudBand development team have been the instigator and major contributor to “Vitrage,” a root cause analysis (RCA) project within OpenStack and have based their code on many years of experience in designing and operating service provider networks.
Nokia CloudBand experts, Andreas Lemke and Dan Offek, will discuss the goals of project Vitrage and demonstrate how it is being implemented within the CloudBand orchestration engine for true NFV. After watching this the Nokia Vitrage & CloudBand demo, you’ll leave with a solid understanding of:
- The need for RCA within the Telco cloud, as well as some possible solutions
- What OpenStack project Vitrage is about, a new OpenStack project founded by the CloudBand team to optimize fault analysis and localization
- CloudBand’s NFV orchestration platform, commercially available with full operational toolsets
To learn more about RCA in the telco cloud, the important details of OpenStack Vitrage, and the commercially available CloudBand, watch the full Nokia Vitrage & CloudBand demo below, download the presentation slides, and access the white papers referenced during the DemoFriday:
- Is NFV Ready For Live Deployment?
- NFV Use Cases: Where To Get Started?
- CloudBand Solution Sheet
- Find Out More About OpenStack Vitrage