This demo features carrier software-defined networking (SDN) fabric from ConteXtream that provides interconnectivity with subscriber-level granularity and visibility to help carriers virtualize the Gi-LAN network. Watch the ConteXtream DemoFriday™ full presentation, or check out the teaser video, synopsis, and other resources below.
ConteXtream Gi-LAN Virtualization Demo Demo Synopsis:
To support exponential traffic growth and customer demand, operators are looking for innovative ways to extend existing services and roll out new functions. Deploying a virtual network solution on the Gi/SGi interface gives operators the flexibility of introducing new services while providing a scalable solution to cope with increasing traffic. This DemoFriday™ highlights ConteXtream’s ContexNet, a distributed, subscriber-aware SDN fabric for network functions virtualization (NFV). This presentation focuses on virtualization of the Gi-LAN network, particularly the SGi/Gi interface that connects the mobile packet core (MPC) and packet data networks (PDN) typically implemented on racks in middle boxes. ConteXtream shows how SDN can simplify and enrich the Gi-LAN to:
- Dynamically allocate network resources on a per subscriber/user basis
- Automate provisioning of the traffic forwarding patch through the service chain
- Provide capabilities such as load balancing, high availability, and monitoring to eliminate the need to have these functions duplicated in each VNF
Watch ConteXtream Chief Architect Ron Sidi demonstrate how ContexNet provides a distributed, subscriber-aware SDN fabric for NFV. Learn how several tier 1 operators are using ConteXtream’s solution to quickly innovate, deliver, and scale applications and services by:
- Delivering carrier-grade services on standard, off-the-shelf computing platforms
- Removing the location dependency of a service delivery policy to support geographically distributed resources
- Increasing visibility and improving network and resource utilization
ContexNet supports flexibility with an open solution that leverages ETSI, IETF, and SDN mechanisms such as OpenFlow, LISP, and open source components like OpenStack and OpenDaylight. Watch the DemoFriday™ full presentation here, or take a look at these additional resources that can be found above:
By clicking the links above, I consent to share my contact information with the sponsor(s) of this content.