SDN Networking Demo Synopsis: Plexxi and Boundary Network Analytics
Plexxi brings SDN principles to a shipping data center product. This demo showcases Plexxi’s optically connected switches built around a controller-based architecture. Boundary applies analytics against real-time network flow data to enable application performance management without the need for appliances or tap/span ports. More than 700 customers use Boundary’s network analytics to monitor every application flow, every second. This demo shows how Boundary discovers real-time application topology and monitors application throughput, latency, packet retransmits and other metrics on a per second basis.
The combination of these two – a programmable network and real-time application analytics – is ultimately the path to useful SDN. Plexxi’s Senior Systems Engineer, Colin Ross, and Boundary’s Director of Technical Services, Dustin Lawler, demonstrate how data gathered through Boundary’s solution can be shared with the Plexxi controller to deliver real-time network tuning. You won’t see protocols and specs, but the promise of SDN must go well beyond low-level primitives if it is to be useful in production networks.
Join Ross and Lawler as they feature:
- Deployment of a Plexxi network
- Automatic switch discovery
- Manual and automatic host discovery
- Defining conversations using Plexxi’s Affinity construct
- Using the controller to optimize paths
- Boundary’s real-time application topology discovery and visualization
- Using Boundary network analytics to monitor application throughput, latency and other metrics on a per second basis
- Harvesting Boundary analytics to drive network behavior.
Watch the DemoFriday™ full presentation featuring Plexxi and Boundary, or check out these additional resources which can be accessed above:
Notice: Pursuant to the SDNCentral Terms of Service, by viewing or downloading featured media such as pdfs, podcasts or videos, or signing up for our webinars, you agree to allow SDNCentral to share your contact information with the sponsor.