Network virtualization improves reaction capabilities, but to truly deliver on the promise of cloud services, the network must cooperate both inside the data center and in the wide area networks where end users reside. This network virtualization demo showcases the power of software-defined networking (SDN) to deliver true virtualization to the data center and seamlessly out to the wide area network.
Nuage Cloud DemoFriday: Network Virtualization with VSP Demo Synopsis:
Today’s data centers hinder the potential of the cloud. While compute management systems assign virtual machines within seconds, it takes hours or even days to reconfigure the network to deliver secure paths between new applications and end users.
In this network virtualization demo, watch Scott Sneddon, Principle Solutions Architect at Nuage Networks, Dimitri Stiliadis, Nuage co-founder and chief architect, and Florin Balus, Nuage co-founder and product management, as they cover:
- An overview of key components of the Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP), including the policy and network templates, SDN controller, and distributed virtual routing and switching elements of the solution
- Administration functions for the data center tenant to create specific application templates and business rules (policies) to create network services that will be implemented when the application is deployed
- The creation of the network service on to the network via the Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Controller (VSC) that provides the control plane intelligence to the distributed network end points via OpenFlow, and MP-BGP federation to the wide area IP and VPN networks outside the data center
- Automated provisioning and re-provisioning of the network paths of migrating VMs
- Centralized network service policy changes
Watch the DemoFriday™ webinar full presentation featuring Nuage Networks, or check out these additional resources that can be found above: