In this installment of DemoFriday™, Arista, Palo Alto Networks and Splunk demonstrate the building of a scalable data center firewall service based on a combination of Arista 7050 top-of-rack switches with Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. Using DirectFlow, Arista’s controller-less OpenFlow, they enable high-speed load balancing, highlighting the advantages of the programmable data plane enabled by Arista’s EOS operating system.
VXLAN SDN Networking Demo Synopsis: Arista, Palo Alto Networks and Splunk
In this VXLAN SDN Networking Demo, Arista, Palo Alto Networks and Splunk demonstrate the implementation of a dynamic, high performance, large scale firewall deployment using SDN. Another portion of the demo showcases the use of OpenFlow in a VMware VXLAN environment, connecting virtual machines to remote users. Arista Networks System Engineers, Kulin Shah and Mickey Stewart, will use Splunk’s tools for visualizing and troubleshooting the network.
See how Shah and Stewart demonstrate DirectFlow, OpenStack, vWire, VXLAN, and eAPI. The presentation covers:
- Arista OpenStack integration (plug-in) providing automated provisioning of tenants on the Arista physical infrastructure closely coupled with the virtual application layer
- Arista’s extensible API (eAPI) – standard JSON APIs to read and orchestrate any system state in a structured format
- Industry’s only line rate non-blocking top-of-rack hardware-enabled VXLAN switch
- Arista controller-less OpenFlow (DirectFlow) for service scaling
- Traffic visualization and logging with Splunk, Arista, and Palo Alto integration
Watch the DemoFriday™ full presentation or check out the additional resources that can be found above:
Notice: Pursuant to the SDNCentral Terms of Service, by viewing or downloading featured media such as pdfs, podcasts or videos, or signing up for our webinars, you agree to allow SDNCentral to share your contact information with the sponsor.