Network Functions Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI) leveraging industry standards is a key element of a 5G transformation and to implementing a software-defined infrastructure that unlocks the promise of next-gen networks.
NFVI for 5G – Technology and Strategies to Future-proof Telco Infrastructure
Next-generation networks, like 5G, require that Communications Service Providers (CSPs) be able to introduce the right infrastructure at the right locations across the network as needed. To deliver the flexibility, scalability, and programmability needed to meet these requirements and future-proof their businesses, CSPs are implementing extensive network infrastructure transformations to introduce virtualization technologies into their networks. An essential component of these infrastructure transformations is the utilization of Network Functions Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI).
In this webinar, we will deep dive into the current state of the NFV market, explore the findings from SDxCentral‘s recent NFVI and VIM Report and discuss the technology and strategies needed to build out an effective and efficient NFVI for next-generation networks. Also during this webinar, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) will share their approach in partnership with Intel to optimizing every layer of the NFVI stack and how leveraging industry standards is essential to reduce the management complexity that can often come when bridging the IT and network divide.
- Roshan Thekkekunnel, Solutions Product Lifecycle Management & Go-To-Market, Hybrid IT Telco Segment, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Paul Parker-Johnson, Principal Analyst, ACG Research
During the NFVi for 5G webinar, you’ll learn:
- Architecting the right NFVI is essential to future-proofing today’s telco networks with the critical attributes around performance, scale, reliability, and agility.
- Leverage industry standards when building an NFVI is key to allowing the physical heterogeneity and multi-vendor deployments essential to building a 5G-ready infrastructure.
- Open industry standard management frameworks are fundamental to reducing management complexity within heterogeneous network.
- Choosing a vendor with a large and open partner ecosystem provides the choices needed to avoid vendor lock-in.
Disclaimer: Statements and opinions expressed in webinars and other related materials are those of the authors, presenter, and organizations they represent; and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of SDxCentral, LLC or its publishers, editors, employees, members, partners, or sponsors.
SDxCentral, LLC makes no representation concerning and does not guarantee the source, originality, accuracy, completeness or reliability of any statement, information, data, finding, interpretation, advice, opinion, or view presented. SDxCentral will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within this site, or any information accessed through this site.
Notice: Pursuant to the SDxCentral Terms of Service, by viewing or downloading sponsored content such as pdfs, podcasts or videos, or signing up for our webinars, you agree to allow SDxCentral to share your contact information with the sponsor.