Sponsored By: Big Switch Networks
In the 2017 Next-gen Software-defined (SDx) Infrastructure Assurance Report, 45% of SDx end-user respondents indicated “Faster Root Cause Analysis” was the most compelling reason to deploy an APM/NPM solution. Full visibility of network traffic is critical to managing application performance and diagnosing the root causes of performance issues. Network owners can now see and secure every network, VM, container and cloud—and manage, automate, and analyze it all from a single pane interface.
In the Big Switch Networks APM/NPM Report Webinar, you’ll learn how Big Monitoring Fabric (Big Mon):
- Optimizes NPM/APM tools, by sending only traffic of interest to each tool
- How Big Mon integrates with leading NPM/APM tools, including: ExtraHop, InMon, Intel and Riverbed Why and how to integrate an SDN-based NPB solution into your NPM/APM strategy
Traditional network packet brokers (NPBs), which operate box-by-box, introduce visibility silos that prevent network owners from gaining a pervasive view of the network, where any tool can receive any flow from anywhere in the data center. Unlike legacy NPBs, Big Mon acts as a single logical NPB — built with industry-standard open hardware from Dell EMC, HPE Altoline or Edgecore and x86-based DPDK Service Nodes, managed from a high-availability SDN-based controller. Every tool has continuous or on-demand visibility into all traffic, across every rack, every location, and every workload.
- Gregg Holzrichter, Chief Marketing Officer, Big Switch Networks
- Salman Zahid, Director Systems Engineering, Big Switch Networks
- Stephen Collins, Principal Analyst, ACG Research