Video: Brocade SDN Controller Webinar: What’s Next for OpenDaylight?
On the heels of the SDxCentral SDN Controller Report, OpenDaylight major contributor Brocade gives us a closer look at the project and what’s next for the leading open source controller, as well as what the recent developments means for end-users looking to deploy SDN solutions.
As OpenDaylight has quickly become a leading open source platform, its vast spectrum of projects can make it difficult to understand what exactly it offers to the SDx community. This Brocade SDN Controller Webinar not only provides insight on that, but also expands on what exactly “open” means, and what to keep their eyes on if considering an open source distribution.
Brocade presenters Colin Dixon, principal engineer and OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee chair, and Lisa Caywood, senior product marketing manager, join with SDxCentral co-founder Roy Chua to cover the following:
- A brief history of SDN Controllers
- What users want in an open source SDN solution
- A recap of the Lithium software release, and guidance on what the next release, Beryllium, needs to focus on
- First-hand experience on the process of building products from OpenDaylight, including best practices, traps, and pitfalls
- How Brocade works with users and the OpenDaylight community to deliver a commercial distribution and applications that meet user needs
The Brocade SDN Controller Webinar offers plenty of information from the SDN Controller Report, as well as how Brocade and the OpenDaylight Project fit within the current landscape of today’s controllers. The links below will take you to the many resources made available during the live webinar and can read the Q&A here.