In this insightful webinar, Scott Raynovich, chief analyst and publisher of the Rayno Report, and CENX Chief Technology Officer Chris Purdy will showcase the benefits of adding lifecycle service orchestration (LSO) to an existing infrastructure.
Video: CENX LSO Webinar — Orchestrate the Full Services Lifecycle with LSO
As service providers move from limited scope network functions virtualization (NFV) trials to full operationalization, they are challenged with delivering data services across heterogeneous physical and virtualized networks. Lifecycle service orchestration (LSO) does what legacy operations support systems (OSS) cannot – span the entire spectrum of service fulfillment and assurance tasks across multi-vendor infrastructure, bridging traditional physical, and next-generation virtualized network functions (VNFs).
This solution requires a robust ecosystem of technology vendors. LSO interfaces with management components – virtualized infrastructure managers (VIMs), virtualized network function managers (VNFM), conventional network management systems (NMS), and test and measurement devices – to provide a comprehensive, accurate, real-time view of the operational state of services overlaid on top of the heterogeneous network topology.
Built on web-scale leading-edge software technologies, LSO delivers the software intelligence needed to integrate NFV into a service provider’s mainstream operations. With this CENX LSO webinar, operators rapidly learn to isolate and resolve problems in the data network, whether the fault occurs within physical network elements, or within NFV infrastructure (NFVi), or within VNFs, or on optical, Ethernet, or IP segments in between.
In addition, LSO provides the critical dynamic predictive analytics for capacity planning to stay ahead of enterprise and consumer demand for increased bandwidth. VNFs and VIMs provide the underlying flexibility to augment capacity at a moment’s notice, however, operators can only exploit this flexibility and gain the expected NFV opex and capex savings if they operationalize NFV with the use of LSO.
This CENX LSO webinar also covers:
- Industry challenges, transformations and ecosystems in play today
- Architecture of a complete solution, bridging physical and NFV elements
- Clarification of solution components: LSO, MANO, NFV-SO, NFV-DO, VNFM, VNFs, VIM and their role in enabling end-to-end connectivity in a heterogeneous network
- The importance of continuous data ingest of network data for LSO’s unified network and service topology, and real-time analytics
- The value of an open ecosystem for real-world use cases, exemplified by CENX LSO, VMware’s VIM, and Affirmed Networks VNF capabilities
- LSO’s essential role in real-world use cases
- A detailed walkthrough of virtual evolved packet Core (vEPC) use case with CENX, VMware, and Affirmed Network components
The links below will take you to the many resources made available during the CENX LSO webinar, including the webinar Q&A.