Sponsored By: Open Networking Foundation (ONF)
Video: ONF Policy Based Networking Webinar
As software-defined networking (SDN) continues to speed up innovation in today’s industry, the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) wants to examine some of the technology’s hottest topics. In a series of webinars, ONF and SDxCentral takes on the first issue: Intent driven networking and northbound interfaces.
In panel discussion moderated by SDxCentral co-founder Roy Chua, SDN thought leaders Dave Lenrow from HP, Pascal Menezes from Microsoft, and Fabian Schneider from NEC Laboratories tackle why intent driven networking has become such a hot topic as of late.
Every major vendor has a contribution towards the top open source projects in this field, ranging from Group Based Policy (initiated by Cisco, but now an industry-wide effort) to Congress (initiated by VMware and part of OpenStack), to the most recent efforts of the Network Intent Composition group.
In this exciting webinar panel discussion, Dave, Pascal, and Fabian discuss these efforts in an online panel discussion that will provide a quick ramp-up to this new topic and a discussion around the most important points. During the moderated Q&A, they go over:
- Overview of intent driven networking
- Current activities involving intent driven networking
- Relationship to northbound interface activities currently in progress and how they dovetail with the orchestration activities underway in ONF, ETSI NFV ISG, MEF LSO, OPNFV, OpenStack, etc.
- Hot projects to watch and what to expect in the next six to 12 months
- How to get involved in this new movement
Learn more about intent driven networking and northbound interfaces with ONF members and SDN experts. You can read and watch the assets from the ONF Policy Based Networking Webinar below to better understand what’s going on and how you can be a part of it.