- Chapter 1: The Role of the Cloud Data Center in the SDx Infrastructure
- Chapter 2: The Benefits of the Cloud
- Chapter 3: Increasing Importance of Cloud Management, Orchestration, & Automation to Address Challenges
- Chapter 4: Key Attributes to Look for When Evaluating a Cloud Management Platform
- Chapter 5: Automation Solutions – Rise of DevOps
- Chapter 6: 2015 Cloud Management Product Categories
Introduction: Impact of Cloud Management
The 2015 SDx Cloud Management Report looks at the shifting role the cloud is playing in the software-defined infrastructure (SDxI) and the maturity of the platforms and tools available to help you maximize the efficiencies and value you can derive from your cloud data centers. The Report aims to help you understand the trends impacting the cloud data center’s architecture and provide insights into market strategies and offerings designed to help you mitigate potential challenges.
Specifically, the Report focuses on cloud management, orchestration and automation solutions, providing you the key requirements to look for, as well as a sampling of vendor solutions on the market today, to help you make decisions that best meet the needs of your business and technical environment. The Report also includes perspectives from your peers within the SDxCentral community, as the Report unveils original research conducted by the SDxCentral Research Team on current perceptions and experiences with cloud data center technologies.
In summary, if you read this Report, you will receive:
- An introduction to SDx Infrastructure and the role of the cloud data center.
- Potential benefits and challenges associated with cloud data centers.
- The increasing need for management, orchestration and automation/DevOps tools for cloud data centers.
- Results of the SDxCentral Survey on Cloud Data Centers.
- Profiles of management, orchestration, automation and DevOps solutions in the market, including key features available today.