NFV monitoring and testing products can reveal the reliability and performance challenges of a virtual environment by measuring how traffic patterns and applications are impacting the infrastructure. These tools and also validate performance, provide visibility into the network and process. Theses tools are essential to test and monitor network infrastructure, capacity, scalability, and convergence.
Some key reasons why testing and monitoring tools and key to this environment:
- NFV deployment can only be successful if they prove as reliable as existing implementations.
- Testing and monitoring of NFVI is a key component of any production roll-out
- Instrumentation within the NFVI is critical for ensuring appropriate use of resources, scaling of infrastructure based on load and identifying bottlenecks to efficient deployment within the system.
- Monitoring: identify hotspots, failures (so can remediate and recover), ensuring efficient use of NFVI – feed information to VNFM and NFVO to ensure scaling and failure recovery
- Testing is needed to understand performance characteristics of overall system and where performance tweaks might be needed.
Tools for the NFV market today can be used to validate protocol compliance and interoperability, test virtual environments, emulate network traffic or application, validate an installation, analyze traffic, and provide security.
- Accedian Networks Inc.: SkyLIGHT
- H-Log QoS Telecom: H-Log Advisor SLA
- Ixia: Ixia IxNetwork
- Luxoft: SuperCloud
- Saisei: Saisei FlowCommand
- Spirent: Spirent Hyperscale Test Solution
- Veryx Technologies Inc.: Veryx SAMTEST - NFV