Overall, half of the respondents to our survey have already adopted NV solutions and half have not. Of those that haven’t, 78% have plans to deploy NV solutions. 40% of network virtualization customers have plans to deploy in the next 3-12 months; while 60% believe they will have deployments in the next 12-24 months. Of those who have already deployed NV solutions, half did so about a year ago and half almost two years ago.
In terms of market segments, cloud service providers continue to lead the way, with 75% already using NV solutions and the other 25% planning on adding NV capabilities in the next 18-24 months. We saw a jump in adoption among service providers from last year, with 68% reporting they use NV solutions in their networks today. This was opposed to 41% last year; the adoption, however, is on par with what we expected, given that 85% of those who hadn’t deployed NV last year were planning on doing so – 43% thought they would deploy within 3-12 months. Only 5% of service providers said they had no plans to use NV solutions in the foreseeable future.
Large enterprises remain split in terms of their actual adoption; half have deployed, while the other half are in the planning stages, according to our survey. Only 8% have no plans to deploy in the next two years. Small to medium businesses continue to lag in terms of adoption with only 34% using NV solutions in their environment. The respondents this year, however, were more receptive to NV solutions, with 74% of those who don’t have NV solutions indicating they have plans to deploy in the 12-24 months. That means only 26% have no immediate plans, which is an improvement from the 38% we saw in last year’s results.
Where Network Virtualization is Being Deployed
Register for SDxCentral
After you submit the form, we will send a randomly-generated password to your email address in the next 5 minutes. Please check your spam folder, bulk email folder or promotions tab in your email client for an email from email@example.com as sometimes our emails will be flagged as such. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t find the email.
A reset link will be emailed to you.