Networks must be continually tested and monitored in order to deliver optimal performance for applications. Network performance management products and network testing tools allow IT and networking professionals to monitor, troubleshoot, and analyze what’s happening across enterprise network environments.
Network Testing and Network Performance Management products can monitor a variety of network traffic metrics, typically measuring things such as network throughput, latency, and errors. Testing and NPM tools measure network performance use a variety of standard networking protocols and management tools, including Netflow, SNMP, IP Syslog, and sFlow, among others. Comprehensive network testing and NPM enables a network manager to continually monitor the network — and in many cases can provide automated alerts or troubleshooting guidance.
More advanced NPM tools might give a network or IT manager the ability to predict network operations under specifics conditions or load, anticipating problems that may occur during times of peak demand. The goal of NPM and network testing is to use a variety of techniques to manage and deliver optimal performance levels of a network.
- Accedian Networks Inc.: SkyLIGHT VCX Controller
- APCON: APCON IntellaFlex XR
- Arista Networks: Arista’s CloudVision Platform
- Big Switch Networks: Big Monitoring Fabric
- Gigamon: Unified Visibility Fabric
- *Juniper Networks, Inc.: Contrail
- Kentik: Kentik Detect
- Netmon: Netmon
- NIKSUN: NIKSUN NetVCR Suite
- Polystar: Polystar OSIX
- Qosmos: Qosmos ixEngine
- Rocana: Rocana Ops
- SolarWinds: SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- Spirent: Spirent TestCenter
- Zoho: WebNMS Symphony Orchestration Platform