Integrated APM and NPM products have much in common — they are designed to continually monitor, test, and troubleshoot performance issues in applications and on networks. Most applications run on networks, and in many cases they run in the cloud, which means that there is a long-term need to integrate APM and NPM technology.
Many of the companies that provide NPM products also carry APM products, and vice versa. As detailed in this report, the trend is toward convergence of the APM and NPM product categories, and many vendors carrying both lines are moving in that direction.
As the world moves toward cloud-based, virtualized IT infrastructure, applications and networks will become more connected. This is driving the need for product portfolios and suites of tools that combine APM and NPM functionality to provide a full of end-user experience and performance across the entire environment environment. In this category we have included product combinations or suites of products indicating a strategy to deliver converged APM and NPM solutions.
- *CA Technologies: CA Virtual Network Assurance
- Cisco Systems: Cisco Nexus Data Broker & Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Corvil: Corvil Solution
- Dynatrace: Dynatrace Digital Performance Platform
- EXFO: EXFO Worx
- ExtraHop: ExtraHop Platform
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise: HPE AppPulse Suite and HPE Network Node Manager i
- InfoVista: VistaInsight and 5View
- InMon Corp.: sFlow-RT
- Ixia Hawkeye
- LiveAction: LiveNX
- LogicMonitor: LogicMonitor Platform
- NetScout Systems Inc.: nGeniusONE Service Assurance Platform
- Nokia: VitalSuite Performance Management
- *Pluribus Networks: VCF Insight Analytics
- Viavi Solutions: Viavi Performance Management Solution