There’s clear advantage to having a converged APM/NPM solution, given the complexity of today’s hybrid, virtualized IT infrastructure and the interdependencies between applications and the underlying infrastructure and networks that support them. However, it’s going to take some more time to fully develop these solutions.
Product complexity continues to be an issue. APM/NPM solutions are comprised of many modules and separate tools. Vendors have many overlapping and not-yet-integrated offerings – sometimes representing conflicting messages even within the same vendor. Simplifying these offerings and abstracting actionable information for easy consumption remains a priority. Providing customers with a comprehensive, coherent data set available to a suite of APM/NPM tools and usable by various stake holders also remains a priority.
On the plus side, the industry is tackling the need for cloud support, SDN and NFV integration, and EUE monitoring. In addition, some good approaches to the scalability challenge are emerging. Likewise, there are various ecosystems of vendors already in place that are helping customers build an APM/NPM tool kit using a best-of-breed approach.
The availability of SaaS-based offerings and fully managed APM/NPM services is helping drive down costs, and this trend is likely to accelerate. In addition, the impact of SDN and NFV-related performance management efforts has yet to be felt.
The following sections of this report covers the products in detail solicited from participating vendors, including specific positioning of products in the NPM and APM space. Please note that this is not intended to represent an exhaustive list, rather it focuses on a select number of products and vendors that have established an early position within the SDN and NFV markets for performance and applications performance manage.
While every attempt has been made to validate the capabilities listed in the profiles, SDxCentral advises end users to verify the veracity of each claim for themselves in their actual deployment environments. SDxCentral cannot be held liable for unexpected operations, damages or incorrect operation due to any inaccuracies listed here.
SDxCentral welcomes feedback and additional information from end users based on their real-world experiences with the products and technologies listed. TheSDxCentralResearch Team can be reached at email@example.com.
Below is a list of key Performance Management Products included in the 2016 Network Performance Management Takes On Applications Report.
APM and NPM Products by Company [Featured]
ALL APM and NPM Products by Company
- Accedian Networks Inc.: SkyLIGHT VCX Controller
- APCON: APCON IntellaFlex XR
- Arista Networks: Arista’s CloudVision Platform
- Big Switch Networks: Big Monitoring Fabric
- Gigamon: Unified Visibility Fabric
- *Juniper Networks, Inc.: Contrail
- Kentik: Kentik Detect
- Netmon: Netmon
- NIKSUN: NIKSUN NetVCR Suite
- Polystar: Polystar OSIX
- Qosmos: Qosmos ixEngine
- Rocana: Rocana Ops
- SolarWinds: SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- Spirent: Spirent TestCenter
- Zoho: WebNMS Symphony Orchestration Platform
- AppDynamics: Application Intelligence Platform
- Astellia: Nova Explorer, Nova Alerter, Nova Performance Analytics
- BigPanda: BigPanda
- BMC: TrueSight App Visibility Manager
- Brocade: Brocade Network Visibility Solution
- Datadog: Datadog Cloud Scale Monitoring
- Dell: Dell Foglight Performance Monitoring
- IBM: IBM Application Performance Management - APM
- Idera: Uptime Infrastructure Monitor
- Microsoft Corporation: Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Nagios: Nagios XI
- New Relic: New Relic APM
- Oracle: Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Radware: Radware Alteon Virtual Appliance
- Riverbed Technologies: Riverbed SteelCentral
- Sinefa: Network Visibility and Control
- Splunk: Splunk Cloud
- *CA Technologies: CA Virtual Network Assurance
- Cisco Systems: Cisco Nexus Data Broker & Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Corvil: Corvil Solution
- Dynatrace: Dynatrace Digital Performance Platform
- EXFO: EXFO Worx
- ExtraHop: ExtraHop Platform
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise: HPE AppPulse Suite and HPE Network Node Manager i
- InfoVista: VistaInsight and 5View
- InMon Corp.: sFlow-RT
- Ixia Hawkeye
- LiveAction: LiveNX
- LogicMonitor: LogicMonitor Platform
- NetScout Systems Inc.: nGeniusONE Service Assurance Platform
- Nokia: VitalSuite Performance Management
- *Pluribus Networks: VCF Insight Analytics
- Viavi Solutions: Viavi Performance Management Solution