Application Performance Management products enable IT professionals to monitor and manage the performance of software applications, including software applications running in the cloud. This may include the monitoring of business transactions and distributed applications.
The main goal of Application Performance Management products are to closely monitor and detect application performance problems to comply with expected level of service, which may be included in SLAs. APM tools are important because applications performance can have a large impact on business, for example, it the applications include transactions and or other revenue-producing functions that must stay up and running at the highest possible level.
As application shift to the cloud, APM tools are changing and require rapid evolution to keep pace with todays complex, virtual environments. Increasingly, they will have to adapt to cloud architectures, including those using SDN and NFV technology. It’s also expected that over time they will be more tightly integrated with NPM products to diagnose complex connections that may include infrastructures running in private, public, or hybrid cloud environments.
- AppDynamics: Application Intelligence Platform
- Astellia: Nova Explorer, Nova Alerter, Nova Performance Analytics
- BigPanda: BigPanda
- BMC: TrueSight App Visibility Manager
- Brocade: Brocade Network Visibility Solution
- Datadog: Datadog Cloud Scale Monitoring
- Dell: Dell Foglight Performance Monitoring
- IBM: IBM Application Performance Management - APM
- Idera: Uptime Infrastructure Monitor
- Microsoft Corporation: Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Nagios: Nagios XI
- New Relic: New Relic APM
- Oracle: Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Radware: Radware Alteon Virtual Appliance
- Riverbed Technologies: Riverbed SteelCentral
- Sinefa: Network Visibility and Control
- Splunk: Splunk Cloud