Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN
The Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN solution enables enterprises to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of connecting users to applications. EdgeConnect provides the flexibility to use any combination of underlying transport technologies without compromising application performance. Silver Peak improves business productivity and customer responsiveness while significantly lowering WAN OPEX and CAPEX.
Unity EdgeConnect physical or virtual appliances (supporting any common hypervisor) deployed in branch offices create a secure, virtual network overlay. This enables customers to move to an SD-WAN at their own pace, whether site-by-site, or via a hybrid WAN approach that leverages MPLS and broadband Internet connectivity.
EdgeConnect Key Features
• Zero-Touch Provisioning: A plug-and-play deployment model enables Unity EdgeConnect to be deployed at a branch office in seconds, automatically connecting with other Silver Peak instances in the data center, other branches, or in cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and VMware vCloud Air.
• Dynamic Path Control (DPC): Real-time traffic steering is applied over any broadband or MPLS links based on company-defined business intent policies. In the event of an outage or brownout, DPC automatically switches-over to a secondary connection in about a second, without application interruption.
• WAN Hardening: Data is secured edge-to-edge via 256-bit AES encrypted tunnels. No unauthorized outside traffic is allowed to enter the branch. With the option to deploy EdgeConnect directly onto the Internet, WAN hardening secures branch offices without the appliance sprawl and operating costs of deploying and managing dedicated firewalls.
• Path Conditioning: Techniques to improve performance overcome the adverse effects of dropped and out-of-order packets that are common with broadband Internet and MPLS connections. Path Conditioning provides private-line-like performance over the public Internet.
• Cloud Intelligence: Real-time updates on the best performing path to reach hundreds of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, ensuring users connect to those applications in the fastest, most intelligent way available.
|Packaging||Hardware ApplianceVirtual Appliance/VM ImageSoftware Application|