Rancher is built for organizations that are embracing containers, microservices and Kubernetes to accelerate development, improve application reliability and reduce infrastructure costs. The platform consists of three core components:
• Rancher Kubernetes Engine, a Kubernetes distribution that can be deployed on any infrastructure, whether on premise or in the cloud.
• Unified Cluster Management, a centralized management engine that allows IT departments to configure and enforce consistent security and administrative policies on any Kubernetes cluster, whether it is already running, deployed by Rancher, or provisioned as a service from a cloud provider.
• Application Workload Management, an intuitive user interface for Kubernetes, combined with an application catalog, real-time monitoring and alerting, log aggregation, and integrated CI/CD pipelines.
Key benefits of Rancher include:
• Rapid deployment of Kubernetes clusters: Rancher automates the process of creating Kubernetes clusters, and allows organizations to scale both the control plane and infrastructure easily from the API, CLI or web UI. Once clusters have been provisioned, administration can be delegated to admins and users throughout the organization, allowing teams to deploy, scale and manage clusters on any infrastructure.
• Management of cloud-hosted clusters: Every large cloud provider now offers Kubernetes as a managed service. These services are the easiest way to set-up Kubernetes, and require little ongoing maintenance because the cloud providers are responsible for operating and upgrading Kubernetes. Rancher 2.0 is the first platform to provide consistent, centralized management of these clusters, allowing organizations to apply standard security policies, centralize access control and gain visibility into every cluster deployed in their organization.
• Central IT visibility and control: As Kubernetes has rapidly gained adoption, clusters have begun to sprawl, and organizations are struggling to maintain consistent controls across a wide variety of different versions and configurations of Kubernetes. Rancher 2.0 provides IT administrators with centralized authentication, access control, monitoring, alerting and policy management for every Kubernetes cluster deployed on premise or in the cloud.
• Accelerated Kubernetes adoption among developers and DevOps teams: Rancher 2.0 includes an intuitive UI that makes it easy for users to deploy services on Kubernetes and get visibility into everything running on a cluster. Users are presented with common configuration options directly from the UI for defining scheduling rules, health checks, ingress controllers, secrets, storage and other key configuration choices. Advanced users can work directly with the full kubectl command line, as well as Rancher’s APIs and CLI.
|Categories||Cloud and Virtualization > Containers|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.