NEC ProgrammableFlow Unified Network Coordinator
The NEC ProgrammableFlow Unified Network Coordinator (UNC) provides network orchestration of multiple SDN controllers. Delivering new levels of network automation to speed time to deliver services, and dramatic reductions in network complexity, the UNC is ideal for use cases including:
• Business continuity and disaster recovery
• WAN optimization
• Workload application mobility
In traditional networks the policy is implemented at the device level, requiring substantial planning and configuration. These issues are compounded across multiple sites. The UNC allows operators at a central console to configure and deploy secure, multi-tenant virtual networks across different zones in a data center, or across dispersed geographic locations.
UNC is an open, vendor agnostic solution offering investment protection
The UNC automatically discovers and displays network topologies on the management console. An OpenFlow-based architecture, which separates the control plane from the data plane, allows the UNC to operate over multiple transport options, further protecting and optimizing your IT investments. Network operators can create thousands of Virtual Tenant Networks (VTNs) that have a consistent network policy across data centers.
NEC’s UNC will allow you to:
• Configure, deploy, monitor and manage virtual and physical networks spanning data center zones, including multiple locations, from a central point
• Delivers 10X scalability over a single controller, up to 2000 switches or 10 million network flows
• Automatically provides consistent, dynamic policy across virtual networks
• Open, standards-based REST APIs for network programmability and the ability to integrate L4-7 services
The Unified Network Coordinator delivers dramatic improvements in resource utilization and simplified data center management. In recognition of the functionality and customer benefits offered, the UNC was selected at Interop in 2014 as Best of Interop in the Management category.