Mellanox Open Composable Networks
Information Technology (IT) needs to move at the speed of people’s imagination to be the enabler, not the inhibitor, of innovations. IT infrastructure has become the critical foundation that not only guarantees service quality but also powers agile innovation and provides competitive differentiation. As a result, people are looking for ways to quickly and easily customize their IT infrastructure to set them apart from their competitors.
Successful businesses embrace automation to enable customizing their IT infrastructure on demand and achieve faster time to market, flexibility and optimal application performance. Advances are being made in different aspects of IT infrastructure. It started with compute/servers, and has started to expand into storage and networking.
Mellanox Open Composable Networks leverages the design principles of hyper-scale web and cloud service providers, and enable our customers to achieve web-scale efficiency as if they are standing on the shoulders of these giants.
Open Composable Network Benefits:
Open Composable Network Design Principles:
Open Composable Networks Components:
– Best DPDK performance of 140 million pps for 100G interface and 34 million pps for 25G interface
– Advanced Switching And Packet Processing (ASAP2) support: SDN control plane with accelerated data plane through NIC ASIC-based embedded switch (eSwitch);
– Multi-host NIC supporting higher density CPU per server, and open, flexible combination of CPUs;
– Option of advanced acceleration and intelligent offload through on-board FPGA, multi-core processors and network processors.
– Open Ethernet support of Cumulus, Microsoft SONiC, MetaSwitch, OpenSwitch and MLNX-OS
– Zero Packet Loss, at any packet size, over any speed (10/25/40/50/100Gb/s) up to 6.4Tb/s switching capacity
– Efficient switch memory management resulting in 9X-15X more effective buffering and congestion resilience
– Fair bandwidth allocation independent of physical port
– Industry-leading, true cut-through latency
– Forwarding database sized for hyper-scale infrastructure build-out
– Optimized for SDN with OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3 support and overlay tunneling support including: VXLAN, NVGRE, Geneve and MPLS
– Copper cables, active optical cables, and optical transceivers to support distances from < 2 m to 2 km
– Silicon Photonics-based single mode and VCSEL-based multi-mode optical modules and cables for 25, 50, and 100Gb/s networks
– Full range of 100Gb/s products in the same QSFP28 footprint
– Zero-touch Provisioning (ZTP)
– Broadcast Provisioning
– Configuration management
– Software Upgrades
– Traffic Monitoring
– Virtualization Support
– Device Health Monitoring
– Alerts and Notifications
– Comprehensive RESTful API
– Rich Web-based UI
|Packaging||Hardware ApplianceSoftware ApplicationSoftware Library|
|Categories||Networking > Control & Management Software > NMS, EMS, OSS, BSS, Management and Orchestration|
Networking > Hardware > Data Center Networking Platforms
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.