MediaEngine vMRF and vTRF
Radisys’ MediaEngine™ Virtualized Media Resource Function (vMRF) and Virtualized TRF (vTRF) deliver best-of-breed IP media processing and transcoding as a Virtualized Network Function (VNF) in an NFV architecture.
Radisys’ MediaEngine vMRF
The Radisys MediaEngine™ Virtualized MRF (vMRF) is a media processing powerhouse for a wide range of revenue-generating interactive HD audio and HD video services. The software-only solution is highly optimized to deliver exceptional performance in virtualized and cloud environments. With support for 3GPP IR.92, IR.94 and WebRTC, the vMRF is ideally suited for communication service providers deploying VoLTE, IMS and over-the-top (OTT) services.
The Radisys solution offers rich OpenStack/ETSI-NFV compatibility and is designed for rapid deployment using an Open Virtualization Format (OVF) package. The vMRF has been widely deployed with leading hypervisors such as VMware™ and KVM and in the Amazon™ EC2 cloud
MediaEngine vMRF delivers:
• Significant OpEx and CapEx savings
• Range of control interfaces including MSML, VXML, RFC-4117, in-line SIP, JSR-309 and more
• Most extensive support for IR.92 and IR.92 for VoLTE / VoWiFi
• WebRTC support
• G.711, G.729, G.722, AMR, AMR-WB, Opus and EVS audio codecs
• H.263, H.264, MPEG-4 and VP8 video codecs
• Application interoperability without code changes for both hardware accelerated and cloud/virtualized platforms.
• vMRF offers support and seamless integration with OpenStack, VMware, or KVM.
• Full deployment and operations lifecycle support – 24/7 around the world
Radisys’ MediaEngine vTRF
The MediaEngine Virtualized TRF (vTRF) delivers carrier-class transcoding in a software product offering with performance-tuned virtualization support, compatibility with NFV architectures and cloud deployment capabilities. It is designed for rapid deployment using an Open Virtualization Format (OVF) package. The Radisys solution is compatible with leading hypervisors such as VMware and KVM. Cloud deployment support is available for Amazon EC2, ETSI-NFV, and OpenStack.
The vTRF delivers a breadth of audio and video features today, including:
• Support for a broad range of audio codecs including EVS – the newest HD audio codec used in mobile networks, Opus for Over the Top and WebRTC applications, and video codecs such as VP8 and H.264
• Flexible control interface integration options, including SIP (RFC 3261) B2BUA in-line call control, and SIP (RFC 4117) for transcoding under the control of third-party Telephony Application Servers (TAS) or Call Session Control Function (CSCF) control
• Advanced voice quality enhancement (VQE) features, including acoustic echo cancelation, noise reduction and packet loss concealment
|Packaging||Virtual Appliance/VM Image|
|Categories||Networking > Virtual Network Functions > IMS and VoLTE|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.