Huawei SD-WAN Solution
Huawei provides an SD-WAN solution to solve enterprise network problems, including limited WAN budget, poor experience, slow deployment, and difficult O&M. Huawei SD-WAN solution provides on-demand interconnection between branches; between branches and data centers; and between branches and the cloud. To deliver assured service experience, the solution re-architects the end-to-end service handling on enterprise leased lines through application-based intelligent traffic steering and acceleration, on-demand Value-Added Services (VASs), and intelligent O&M.
The solution uses links that include the Internet and traditional leased lines to provide interconnection between enterprise headquarters, branches, public clouds, and private clouds. This layer includes devices such as Customer-Premises Equipment (CPE), universal CPE (uCPE), and virtual CPE (vCPE), as well as Huawei SDN overlay technology to achieve on-demand network-wide connections.
The SDN-based Agile Controller implements unified device management, unified overlay network control, and automatic service delivery. The Agile Controller uses NETCONF to manage devices in the southbound direction and interconnects with the application layer through RESTful interfaces in the northbound direction.
The application layer includes a third-party Business Support System (BSS), Operations Support System (OSS), service portal, and app store. The Agile Controller provides northbound interfaces so that it can be integrated with third-party applications.
• Supports flexible bundling of many types of WAN links (such as xDSL and LTE/4G) over MPLS or the Internet.
• Supports different WAN Topologies, such as hub and spoke, partial mesh, full mesh with automatic creation of VPN connections.
• Provides various networking and access modes, such as single-CPE or dual-CPE networking, single-hub or dual-hub networking, and SaaS access.
• Achieves hybrid access of low-cost Internet links and leased line links.
• Allows deployment of vCPEs on the cloud, optimizing cloud service access.
• Reduces WAN bandwidth leasing costs while guaranteeing the quality of mission-critical services.
Application Experience Optimization
• Supports identification of known applications and identification of special industry applications based on user-defined applications.
• Achieves intelligent service detection and application-based intelligent traffic scheduling and ensures optimal performance for key applications through technologies such as IP Flow Performance Measurement (IP FPM), Smart Policy Routing (SPR), and three-level QoS traffic scheduling.
• Achieves intelligent acceleration of key applications and improves service performance through methods such as optimization of WAN transmission and applications.
• Uses serialized X86/ARM64-based open uCPEs to cover branches of various scales.
• Includes 10+ mainstream VASs (such as vFW and vWoC) to enable on-demand service expansion.
• Offers full-lifecycle VNF management and automatic service chain orchestration, with VAS provisioning within minutes.
Visualized & Intelligent O&M
• Enables flexible deployment (USB-based and email-based) with plug-and-play devices and VNF automatic deployment by dragging.
• Simplifies branch network deployment through automatic configuration of all services based on templates, including service policy configuration, VAS orchestration, and VPN dynamic connection.
• Supports system software upgrade automatically based on task policies.
• Supports application-based reports, including connection bandwidth, connection quality, application quality, statistic of visitors, etc.
• Supports visualized management of applications and links, on-demand display of user-defined reports, and fault prediction and quick fault locating.
|Packaging||Hardware ApplianceVirtual Appliance/VM ImageSoftware ApplicationXaaS(as a service)|
|Categories||Networking > Virtual Network Functions > SD-WAN and Virtual CPE (vCPE)|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.