Huawei SD-WAN AR1600 Series Universal Computing Gateways New!
The traditional customer premise equipment (CPE) has a closed architecture, and different services are supported by different devices. With the growing number of enterprise services, the management and O&M of enterprise branch networks are becoming more complex. In addition, the provisioning of services by enterprise branch networks must keep up with the rate at which they are being developed.
The universal CPE (uCPE) uses the X86-based universal hardware platform to virtualize bearer services. The Agile Controller centrally deploys virtualized network functions (VNFs) (such as vFW, vWOC, and SD-WAN) on the uCPE as required, to implement fast service provisioning and reduce network deployment costs.
Huawei AR1600 series universal computing gateways use a universal computing platform, support virtualization functions and SDN architecture, and provide the virtualization environment and basic operating system (OS). The OS integrates some IP functions, for example, basic routing, switching, and IPSec. Huawei and third-party VNFs can be deployed on the AR1600 to implement multiple services, such as routing, firewall, and WAN acceleration. The OS and VNFs of the AR1600 are centrally managed by Huawei’s Agile Controller, simplifying network deployment and management and reducing costs for enterprise branches.
Open Platform and High Cost-effectiveness
• Uses an X86-based open platform, supporting the deployment of multiple VNFs.
• Provides the built-in SD-WAN function, providing flexible hybrid WAN interconnection with application-based intelligent path selection and acceleration.
• Supports various service cards to meet enterprise requirements for diversified services and maximize return on investment (ROI).
On-demand VAS and Rapid Provisioning
• Supports the on-demand expansion of Huawei’s and third-party VNFs and interconnection with the third-party orchestration layer.
• Supports full lifecycle management of VNFs, such as application deployment, monitoring, and deletion.
• Supports flexible orchestration of the VAS service chain.
Simple Deployment and Intelligent O&M
• Supports email-based deployment, USB-based deployment, and plug-and-play. Indicators intuitively display service status. These deployment modes facilitate the quick construction of enterprise IT networks.
• Supports functions of the Agile Controller, including centralized management, refined control, and visualized O&M, simplifying branch service deployment and reducing network maintenance costs.
|Packaging||Hardware ApplianceVirtual Appliance/VM ImageSoftware Application|
|Categories||Networking > Virtual Network Functions > SD-WAN and Virtual CPE (vCPE)|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.