Huawei SD-WAN AR1000V Virtual Router
The AR1000V is a customer premises equipment (CPE) in virtual network function (VNF) mode.
The system architecture consists of the following entities:
• Physical hardware and host operating system: The universal x86 hardware platform provides hardware resources such as the CPU, memory, network adapter, and storage medium, and basic operating system services.
• Hypervisor: It supports mainstream virtualization platforms, such as KVM/FusionSphere/VMware, as the intermediate software layer between physical servers and VM instances. It manages VMs, allows multiple VM instances to share hardware resources, and isolates and protects VMs.
• vSwitch/SR-IOV/PCI-pass-through: It implements information exchange between VM instances and between VM instances and external networks.
• VM instance: The Linux operating system is used. A VM instance is allocated independent vCPU, memory, storage medium, and vNIC resource to carry VNF instances on the AR1000V that integrates routing, switching, security, and VPN functions.
Leading Architecture and Superior Performance
• Is an NFV product based on industry-leading Huawei VRP platform, featuring good stability and maturity.
• Decouples the control plane from the forwarding plane and uses the multi-core CPU, ensuring no bottleneck for service forwarding.
Compatibility with Multiple Platforms and Easy Service Deployment
• Is compatible with mainstream virtualization platforms such as KVM/FusionSphere/VMware.
• Runs in the public cloud to expand enterprise networks to the cloud.
• Uses software implementation, and is able to be quickly and flexibly deployed in the PoP, hub site, and cloud environment.
SD-WAN Cloud Access
• Provides application-based intelligent traffic steering and accelerated flexible cloud access, improving enterprise customers’ cloud application experience.
• Is managed by the Agile Controller. The Agile Controller provides centralized management, refined control, and visualized O&M, simplifying service deployment and reducing network maintenance costs.
• Automatically orchestrates overlay tunnels between enterprise sites to quickly establish secure and reliable network connections.
|Packaging||Virtual Appliance/VM Image|
|Categories||Networking > Virtual Network Functions > SD-WAN and Virtual CPE (vCPE)|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.