In the era of 5G and IoT, the efficiency and scalability of IT networks has made software-defined networks, network function virtualization and cloud technologies no longer optional for operators. To realize the promise of virtualization, operators must think in terms of seamless, real-time management and orchestration. Ericsson Orchestrator is the core component of Ericsson Dynamic Orchestration solution. Ericsson Orchestrator is also an integral part of the Ericsson NFVi solution – a pre-integrated telco grade NFV infrastructure solution.
The product consists of two modules that can be independently offered:
• Cloud Manager module: Performing NFVO, G-VNFM and Service Configuration Management (SCM). Enables orchestration of resources across different VIMs (OpenStack or VMware) and both intra and inter-Data Center. Automates the instantiation of a Network Service described in TOSCA/JSON formats. Performs Fault & Performance management for the infrastructure by collecting and correlating alarms from the hardware and VIM. Interfaces with multi-vendor EMS/VNFM through the Or-vnfm interface. The G-VNFM function provides Life Cycle Management (LCM) of VNFs that do not have a specific VNFM.
• Service Orchestration module: For new use cases around 5G, IoT and Network Slicing. Provides network slice management including LCM and configuration by using TOSCA as the template language. Real time inventory check is done to generate a Service instance design which is then deployed across the resources. Enables cross-domain orchestration across Access, Transport, and Core by interfacing with different domain managers and transport SDN controllers.
Ericsson Orchestrator enables you to realize revenues from new services as well as cost savings from more efficient operations. Consider Ericsson Orchestrator if you want to improve:
• Automation: Reducing manual processes through Network and Service Orchestration. Automating the Service Life Cycle (Instantiation, termination, Scale-in, Scale-out, Upgrade). Policy based workload placement for better performance and cost optimization. Automating Network Slice Orchestration for different SLA needs.
• Usability: Multi level tenancy with advanced tenant and quota management. Secured access and Federated IDAM. Dashboards for both Provider and Tenants.
• Reliability: Providing Infrastructure Assurance and Performance management. High availability and Geo-Redundancy of the software.
• Agility: Launch services quicker with automated service instantiation and configuration. SDKs and APIs enable quick multi-vendor integrations. Custom workflow framework provided for building specific automation flows. The product can be easily integrated into existing service provider OSS.
|Categories||Networking > Control & Management Software > NMS, EMS, OSS, BSS, Management and Orchestration|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.