The current status of today’s telecommunications signaling network can be described by two important characteristics: the maturity of the Signaling System 7 (SS7) Network and the evolution from SS7 signaling to Diameter signaling, each providing benefits and challenges.
The IP-centric design of the DSC SWe facilitates its integration into service provider networks without the use of external IP switching equipment. The incorporation of internal Ethernet switching provides a high capacity IP backplane and is also the basis for the most efficient, network-friendly SIGTRAN implementation available. The DSC SWe allows a service provider to “take control” of and maintain the viability of their SS7 signaling network while evolving to the next generation LTE/EPC/Diameter network.
The DSC SWe is a single virtual solution for Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), Subscriber Location Function (SLF), Load Balancing, and Interworking Function (IWF), delivering the following capabilities:
– DRA binds a user’s information to a Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) to ensure all policy-related information regarding a specific session is handled by the PCRF.
– DEA provides security between interconnected partners preventing export of network topology, and routing/screening functions for Diameter messages.
– SLF provides a scalable and efficient way to determine which Home Subscriber Server (HSS) has a subscriber’s data. This is required because mobile carriers usually have multiple HSS deployments for scale and reliability.
– Load Balancing ensures Diameter signaling traffic does not create network element overload and potential service interruptions.
– IWF is used to support roaming between LTE and 2G/3G networks by supporting interworking between Diameter and SS7 Mobile Application Part (MAP) or providing Diameter protocol normalization and interoperability between differing Diameter implementations.
The Sonus DSC solution also integrates virtual Signal Transfer Point (STP) capabilities delivering the following:
– All the standard functionality, including Gateway Screening and Global Title Translation (GTT)
– Extended capabilities for Signaling Gateway (M3UA/SUA) and Point Code Emulation
– Plug and play to ensure SS7 and Diameter can co-exist and scale independently
– Web-based user interface to optimize how the network operations and support teams train and use the integrated STP/DSC solution
|Packaging||Hardware ApplianceVirtual Appliance/VM Image|
|Categories||Networking > Virtual Network Functions > Other VNFs|
Networking > Virtual Network Functions > Video, Media, Messaging
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.