Ribbon C3 Call Session Controller
Today’s operators are challenged by multiple network types, signaling and protocols that are largely incompatible with each other. They are seeking intelligent call session and media controller solutions in the form of software Virtual Network Functions (VNFs) to deploy from their telco cloud, delivering unprecedented flexibility, agility and high value services for their customers. The C3 Call Session Controller VNF, part of Ribbon’s NFV portfolio, provides communication service providers a seamless transition to the cloud-enabled network.
Ribbon C3 is deployed globally in a wide variety of network implementations, allowing operators to cap-and-grow or replace their legacy infrastructure and provide scalable solutions in applications, such as:
• IMS/VoLTE MRF Transcoding
• IMS MGCF-MGW
• IP eXchange
• International Gateway
• IP Trunking
The C3 can work in conjunction with Ribbon’s Media Resource Function Processor (MRFP) for high capacity media processing and transcoding solutions, and with Session Border Controller for IPX and Interconnect solutions. It also supports control of both physical and NFV-based media gateways.
These overall solutions provide extensive wireless and wireline codec support and SIP interfaces enabling the C3 to be a centralized transcoding control platform for networks, physically separating or decoupling media resource control from the media processing elements.
Key Advantages & Benefits:
• Cloud native, fully elastic, horizontally scalable VNF
• Integrated in Ribbon’s VNF Manager (VNFM) for automatic provisioning and life cycle management
• Full support for ETSI Orchestrator for dynamic instantiation
• Compatible in OpenStack environments, and industry standard NFVI infrastructure and VIM Managers
• VM designed for elastic scalability and enhanced geo-resiliency for better performance and cost efficiency (Database, SIP Call Manager, Facility Management, Call Persistence, and EMS)
|Packaging||Virtual Appliance/VM Image|