Avaya Fabric Connect
Avaya Fabric Connect is a network-wide, end-to-end virtualization technology based on an enhanced implementation of the IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) standard. Designed to transform today’s complex, rigid, traditional networks into simple, dynamic and resilient networks, Fabric Connect offers the following benefits:
• One protocol (SPB) across the entire network. Dramatic simplification of network design, configuration , implementation and troubleshooting.
• One contiguous service layer from application to user / IoT device. Today’s networks are segmented without an end to end service construct. Avaya’s architecture eliminates these silo’s to deliver an end to end service construct from application to user / device.
• Edge only provisioning (Data Center ToR to Campus / Branch edge). Avaya’s architecture allows for elastic services to be enabled from the application to user / device through end point provisioning only. This can even be automated with the use of Avaya’s Fabric Orchestrator and it’s integrated ODL controller.
• Automated secure attachment of VM’s as well as users / devices. Avaya enables VMs and user / IoT devices to attach to virtualized fabric services without user intervention.
• Integrated segmentation. Avaya’s Fabric inherently supports secure or stealth networking capabilities. This allows micro-segmentation to be extended from the VM to the end device without any additional protocol overlays / stitching. This is especially useful when companies are trying to meet PCI DSS compliance for banks or HIPAA requirements for healthcare as it protects and isolates critical data (credit card information, patient health records) end to end.
• Integrated Data Center Interconnect – Avaya Fabric Connect offers a single end-to-end service construct that can extend between multiple geographically dispersed Data Centers without requiring any overlay protocols or complex protocol stitching. This allows for resource sharing, seamless VM mobility and true active – active connectivity between Data Centers.
• Seamless interworking with VXLAN-based Data Centers – Our resilient gateway function allows for interoperability between VXLAN VNI’s and Avaya Fabric Services.
• Delivers PIM-Free IP Multicast that is Scalable, Resilient, and Easy-to-Manage. Many technologies such as some DC overlays, next-generation video surveillance, IPTV, digital signage, desktop imaging & financial applications are reliant on Multicast. Avaya Fabric Connect offers a scalable, reliable and efficient way of supporting IP Multicast Routing, without the onerous requirement of configuring, deploying, and maintaining a complex overlay such as PIM.
|Categories||Networking > Hardware > Data Center Networking Platforms|
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.